We’ve cooked up fun holiday play activities for your family in the December activity kit!
This kit is packed with creative supplies! A Do-a-Dot marker, crayon pack, construction paper, roll of washi tape, button stickers, holiday cookie cutter, play dough, wooden ornament, Legend of the Gingerbread Man craft set, gingerbread bendy toy, snacks, and a new book!
What skills will my child learn from these activities?
By giving your child new opportunities to play, explore, discover, and create using the activities in this kit, YOU ARE TEACHING YOUR CHILD SO MUCH!
We have designed it to enrich all areas of your child’s development:
- Your child will grow in their language and early literacy skills with gingerbread storytelling and rhymes.
- They will practice pre-writing skills using the Do-a-Dot marker and coloring sheets.
- Fine motor skills will be put to work as they shape, squeeze, and roll play dough and cut with a cookie cutter!
- They will engage in sensory learning with the winter scavenger hunt and edible gingerbread play dough activities!
- Your child will get moving with the holiday dice game and build gross motor skills.
- In playful ways, your child will learn early academic skills with colors, counting, matching, measuring, and patterns.
- Through designing their own gingerbread people and ornaments, they will grow in executive functioning skills such as decision making, problem solving, following instructions, memory, and self control.
- Finally, their social-emotional skills will be enhanced through reading the book on teamwork and trying out ideas on the kindness calendar.
Use the supplies to play your own way! We hope the activities in this kit help your family make special memories together this holiday season!
Reserve your kit today!
Text/Call: 573-340-1341 or click the button below to email Charity!
The activity kits are free for local families with young children ages 0-5 while supplies last. If this is your first time participating in a First Chance program or activity, fill out our online enrollment form by clicking the button below.
Families may also download and print kit activities from home by clicking below!
Pick up your activity kit during our Curbside Pick up hours: Tuesdays 9am-11am & Thursdays 1pm-3pm
When you have arrived at our office parking lot at 1010 Fay St, text/call Charity (573-340-1341), and she will bring the activity kit to your car. Kit delivery is also available by request.
Stay updated on all the ways First Chance can support your family!
Toy Set Check-Out
Our team has created toy sets to include themed toys, props, activities, games, puzzles, and books to check out and play at home & everywhere! View the lists of toy sets for baby (0-18 mos) and toddler (1-5 yrs), which include photos and descriptions of what is inside each set. It’s easy to reserve a set – simply contact Charity Quinn about which set you would like to pick up during our weekly curbside hours. Read more here.
Follow us on Facebook and watch for our regular activity posts and monthly Play Online videos where we demonstrate activities from our activity kits!
We invite you (parents, grandparents, and caregivers) to join our private online facebook group Connecting During Covid where you can connect with our staff and other local families with young children ages 0-5 who are enrolled at First Chance. Now more than ever, we believe it is essential to provide a protected place for families to support and connect with one another.
First Chance is offering several locations and times for families in Boone County to get diaper assistance in November. There are no income restrictions. Families may receive one package of diapers per child and one package of wipes per family/household each month. Be on the lookout for these dates on our Facebook page!
We would love to see photos and hear the ways your family is playing with the activity kits! Feel free to share new ideas and reach out for support. Being a parent is hard. We are here to help.