Baby Bags Diaper Bank
Basic resources for families in need, because we can all use a little help sometimes.
Baby Bags Overview
The Baby Bags program acts as a diaper bank and so much more. Diapers, wipes, hygiene items, and other supplies needed to provide care and comfort to children delivered along with child development and safety information. Items are available at the First Chance office or through one of our partner programs.
Baby Bags Details
Families can get supplies from the Baby Bags diaper bank program by coming by the First Chance for Children office during drop in hours or by calling to schedule an appointment. During the visit families can expect to fill out a brief enrollment form, gain new child health and safety information, receive needed supplies and referrals to community agencies. Items are also available through partner agencies below. Items are available at most, once a month.
First Chance for Children Baby Bags hours:
Distributing partner hours vary by organization.
Am I eligible for this program?
- Boone, Howard, Cooper, Audrain, Callaway, Cole, Marion, Moniteau, Monroe, Osage, Ralls and Randolph counties
- Supplies for children ages 0-5.
- For families at or below 200% of the poverty line or those who need help.
Have questions or want to enroll?
Have more questions about the program? In need but don’t fit the program guidelines? Give us a call and we’d be happy to talk to you! Families can enroll by filling out a simple form when they receive supplies.
Below are the wide range of supplies that can be obtained by families. Specific items available through the Baby Bags diaper bank program vary by the county the family resides in.
- Diapers: one package of approximately 25 diapers and wipes per age eligible child.
- Home and health items: two items per family. Typical items in stock include: baby shampoo, diaper cream, dish soap, and baby lotion.
- Smart Start Kit: A kit including diapers, wipes, healthcare kit, home childproofing kit, bathwater thermometer infant onesie, community resources, and child safety information. Designed to provide the safety necessities and education for young children.
Partner agencies help us reach more families in need across our service area.
- California Parents as Teachers
- Chamois Parents as Teachers
- Columbia/Boone County Public Health Department
- Central Missouri Community Action
- City of Refuge
- Columbia Housing Authority
- Columbia Parents as Teachers
- Fayette Parents as Teachers
- Fulton Parents as Teachers
- Great Circle
- Harrisburg Parents as Teachers
- Healthy Steps
- Jefferson City Parents as Teachers
- Johnston Early Learning
- Lutheran Family and Children’s Services
- Prairie Home Parents as Teachers
- Refugee & Immigration Services
- Serve Inc
- South Callaway Parents as Teachers
- Sturgeon Parents as Teachers
- Tipton Parents as Teachers
- True North
- Voluntary Action Center
- Welcome Home