New! Enhanced Lend and Learn Libraries Toy Check out available August 1st
Play Everywhere toy checkout sets from the Lend & Learn Toy Library are now available for families to play at home and everywhere!
Did you know that playing, talking, and reading with your child is a powerful way to teach new concepts, build a strong parent-child bond, and reduce stress?
Our team has created the Play Everywhere toy sets to include themed toys, props, activities, games, puzzles, and books. The toy sets are designed to help babies and toddlers use play to gain new skills in all areas of their development: communication, gross motor, fine motor, problem solving, and personal/social. In each of the 28 available toy sets, we offer helpful tips for parents and caregivers to guide and enrich their child’s play experiences and encourage exploration and growth. It’s never too early to start your child on their journey to becoming a lifelong learner.
This service is available to enrolled families. Families can check out the items for up to two weeks and may contact staff to request to renew their set for 2 additional weeks. The checkout process is completed through a contactless, curbside pick up and drop off from the office parking lot.
Who is eligible?
– Individuals who live in Boone county who have a child under the age of 5
– Families must complete a First Chance for Children enrollment form
What types of sets are available?
– 16 Toddler toy sets featuring themes around pretend play items, early academic skills, and popular toys.
– 12 Baby toy sets featuring infant-safe toys, puzzles, music & movement activities, and board book
How long are checkouts available?
– One set per family may be checked out for 2 weeks. Families can renew for an additional two weeks if there isn’t a hold on the set.
How do I reserve a toy set for check out?
– A visual catalog of the Baby and Toddler toy sets is available on our website at these links: click here for baby, or here for toddler items
– To reserve a toy set, contact L&L Educator Charity Quinn, by call or text at 573-340-1341 or by email at email@example.com
– If the set you want to reserve is unavailable, you may place a hold and will be notified when the set is available.
How will I be able to pick up and drop off curbside?
-Park in our office parking lot at 1010 Fay St during our checkout hours:
-Tuesday from 9-11am AND Thursday from 1-3pm
-Text/call when you arrive and staff will bring your reserved toy set to your car.
When does checkout begin?
August 1st 2020!
What does this cost?
What if an item is missing or breaks?
Just let us know! We will replace or fix the item at no cost to you.
What if I can’t make it during the hours or don’t have transportation?
Contact Charity Quinn to arrange accommodations.
What precautions are taken to ensure safety?
– Toys sets are divided into 2 age groups – baby and toddler. Some toddler toy sets may contain small items not recommended for babies or unsupervised play.
– Toy sets will be quarantined for 3 days and then cleaned and/or laundered according to CDC guidelines before available to a new family.
How do I sign up?
Contact Charity Quinn for a simple online enrollment form