Mission & Values
First Chance for Children's Mission, Vision, and Fundamental Values
First Chance for Children provides early childhood programs and family resources to foster healthy outcomes for children and families in mid-Missouri.
All children will arrive at school ready to learn and succeed in school and in life.
- to provide families with best practices and services to support and empower their growth
- to partner with our community to provide wrap-around services and connect families
- to demonstrate to our funders that we facilitate measurable improvements in wellbeing and development for children and families
- on every level for the best interests of children and families too often left out and left behind
- for the worth of all children, families, and communities, acknowledging that each person is the expert on their own experience and has a right to self determination
- in all our interactions, especially when it applies to the diverse experiences of families in a challenging world
2020-2024 Strategic Plan
To achieve our mission & vision the Board of Directors has adopted a comprehensive strategic plan with the following strategic priorities:
- Cultivate resources to be intentionally accessible and inclusive to all families in the counties we serve
- Build and execute an inclusive, advocacy-centric brand and marketing strategy that educates and informs across all levels of our communities.
- Develop a contributed revenue strategy that supports revenue diversification and positions us to grow our programs and supports building healthy financial reserves.